I have learned a lot about myself this past weekend. I had the house to myself as well as having to look after another person's house and I realized what levels my laziness and loneliness can reach. The problem is I hate being alone and I am completely unable to function well as a human being when I am completely alone. My laziness, already a strong force, tends to take over all control.
Yesterday afternoon I was sitting on my bed, catching up on the Tudors, dreading having to drive the two minute drive to the house I am watching in order to water their plants and generally watch over the house. First of all, I was already getting into this paranoid crazy state of mind because when I had gone the other day, someone had taken in their trash barrells, so I knew that someone else was keeping on eye on their house.
So as I sat on my bed, stuffing my face with Cheerios, I started coming up with these insane ways to make it seem like I was doing a great job housesitting without having to actually go spend all my time there. I began to make plans to go in the afternoon to water, and then, on my way home from babysitting, stop off at the house to check on it, but not actually stay and come home and sleep in my own bed. I realized that I was coming up with this overly complicated plan in order to come off as responsible to some unknown person who may or may not be watching the house, and in fact, going and staying there would be simpler and actually doing my job.
Interestingly enough, even after realizing that my plan was completely crazy, I ultimately decided to just make one stop there and sleep in my own bed...laziness prevails again.
No comments:
Post a Comment