Search This Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

First Post, woo!

So, I created this blog weeks ago but for some reason have been unable to get my ass motivated enough to start writing in it. I am unsure as to what I should write and I am concerned that all that I will end up saying will be a big rant and bitch session about the things going on in my life. I don't know if anything I have to say is interesting, but I have to say it none the less. My dad is always telling me "You need to write this down, blah blah blah". So here goes nothing.

Right now I am sitting here at my desk at the law firm that I am a receptionist for. My delicious half full iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts is sitting sadly in front of me because if I drink it I fear I will never be warm again. While it is BOILING HOT outside, for some reason, the building I work in is unable to properly control the temperature. No matter what temp the staff sets the thermostat for it is always frigid. What is bizarre is that outside the door, by the elevators, it is a perfectly comfortable temperature. I am starting to find myself planning out times when I can escape to the bathroom to thaw out and maybe run my hands under hot water in an attempt to warm myself. The temperature in this office gets so cold, that the lawyers have started just using their space heaters...space heaters, in the middle of July, and no one seems to acknowledge the absurdity. It is about 90 degrees Fahrenheit outside and humid, and people are sitting in this office while the AC blasts us and the space heaters warm their toes...what a spectacular waste of energy. WHY ISN"T THERE A BETTER SOLUTION?!? I am sure this building is full of intelligent, motivated people who could somehow remedy this situation. (For some reason I am deciding to exempt myself from people who can solve this problem since I am just a temp. But perhaps this is just part of the cycle of nothing being done about the horrible temperature regulation.)

Okay, so that was more of a rant than I would have liked, but my freezing toes are preventing me from having any sort of pleasant tone. To distract myself I am going to go watch the new episode of Entourage online. One of the benefits of having a job thats only requirement is to answer the phone, I have decided to push the envelope and start watching TV online. I would feel guilty but it just makes the work days INFINITELY better.

No comments:

Post a Comment